The employer is a privately-owned property company with a substantial residential and student accommodation portfolio in mainly the Pretoria and Johannesburg area. The ideal candidate would manage this property portfolio for the owner, from a financial, administration and marketing perspective.
- This roll will oversee all processes relating to the marketing of the buildings, leasing of the buildings, lease administration, credit controlling, preparing the property budgets and ensuring that budget principles are followed, and expenditure remain within budget.
- Ensure investment growth and maximum income of Property through effective property management and asset control.
- Develops related budgets, oversees leasing contracts, procures services, handles third party service contracts, and directs maintenance procedures.
- Ensures that all buildings, grounds, and equipment are well maintained and in optimal working condition. Develops and implements departmental and procurements policies and procedures and ensures that all operations are in accordance with established health and safety regulations.
- Ensures that services purchased are of acceptable quality at the least possible cost.
- Keeps Senior Management well informed of area activities and significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of Property and facilities
- Assumes responsibility for the effective maintenance and reporting of financial records.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Effectively supervises Property personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Financial Diploma or Degree in Commerce or Business Administration would be an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of Residential property management procedures.
- In depth knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, marketing and leasing agreements.
- This is a senior position that requires seven to ten years of related experience at senior management level.
- Highly proficient in MDA, Microsoft Excel and Word.