The main purpose of this position is to ensure that the company upholds and works towards finding new, innovative and economically reductive ways to stay green.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the Company’s environmental strategies, communicate plans, formulate sustainability budgets and market green strategies to vendors, customers, colleagues and various media platforms.
Responsibilities will concentrate on five key focus areas across all sectors (retail, industrial and office):
- Utility Management – Liaise with all utility management companies to ensure accurate billing of our tenants.
- Consumption Efficiency – Focus on the reduction of energy, water and waste in all our buildings.
- Renewable Energy – Explore possibilities of further expansion of renewable energy projects.
- Sustainable Development – Green building certification of existing and new buildings. This would include working with development team on a new precinct.
- Strategic Projects – This includes risk mitigation and educational types of projects. It also includes innovative projects and research and development.
- Managing a team of eight people
- 8 – 10 years related experience
- Bachelor of Science in (Property Studies) with electives (Sustainability & Environment) and Post graduate qualification, B.Eng. (Electrical or Mechanical).
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
- The ability to extract from the plethora of technical expertise within operational management and contextualize technical knowledge into strategic business model development.
- The ability to manage complex financial models and logistic plans is required in order to coordinate development of multi-site business models for ‘sustainable business development’.
- Project management skills will be an added advantage.