The main purpose of this position is to be accountable, plan and execute the development of new stores and remodelling of existing stores.
Project management and accountability for the new store and revamp build process comprising of:
- Liaison and management of all stakeholders for the design, conceptualization and execution of new builds and remodels
- Management and Accountability for the IC approval process
- IC (Investment Council) Approval: preparation and presentation of IC decks for capex approval.
- Municipal approvals: lead the preparation and submission of all required plans and applications to ensure the site is fully permitted for proposed development with close collaboration with architects and Design & Construction Team within required timelines.
- Costing, Scheduling and Supplier selection: Overall accountability for the build process with the aim of delivering the project according to agreed timelines, costs and quality parameters
- Overall accountability of project timelines and costs
Site Selection & Alignment:
- Identify and secure at least 7 new and 2 relocate sites annually using Equity Network Plan.
- Plan Equity IC tours.
Optimization of the rental portfolio:
- Lease Completion: post IC approval, complete lease negotiations with the support of Legal to execute lease agreements expeditiously
- Management of existing leases
Managing of the Company’s maintenance function
- Supervise and motivate the Maintenance Manager
- Ensures that the Maintenance Manager coordinates work performed by outside vendors
- Approves efficient repair schedules and reviews repair cost estimates
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts
- Ensures control and monitor inventory
- Implement safety policies and procedures for the department
- A tertiary qualification with preference to property studies
- Further qualifications such as SAPOA or SACSC would be beneficial;
- Strong understanding of property development
- Experience in retail site conversions
- Financial modelling skills;
- Project management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Broad network of contacts within the property industry